Friday, December 2, 2011

TV and the Christian

Over the years I have watched A LOT of tv. Some good, some bad. Over the past year or so I have noticed the Holy Spirit really working on me to put away some of my favorite tv shows. Some them are: That 70's Show, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The OC, and my lastest One Tree Hill. I have come to the conclusion that I should not be watching any of these shows. In Ephesians 5: 3-4 is says, But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
Paul follows this with a warning, I believe, is for Christians. Ephsians 5: 5-8: "For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person--such a man is an idolater--has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. "Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light.
So according to the Apostle Paul, who I believe to be a pretty strong Christian, we are not to be partakers with those who call themselves Christians, and practice these things.
This is a wake-up call to me because I am probably the most guilty of all the Christians I know of the things listed above. Now I am not judging any of you who read this blog. As I said above I am just as guilty as you.

However, in the times we live I think it is time we start focusing our attention on Jesus and telling unbelievers about his return. If you follow the news you can tell we are living in very interesting times. Europe's financial system is on the brink of collapse. Our financial system is on the brink of collapse. We have world leaders like Angela Merkel (Germany), Nicolas Sarkozy (France), Hu Jintao (China), Dmitri Medvedev (Russia)  and the global financial elite (global banking entities), calling for a one-world government, and one-world financial system. You can see Medvedev holding what he believes the new global currency will look like here: http://streetknowledge.wordpress.com/tag/medvedev/

The IMF (International Monetary Union) has created a Special Drawing Right (SDR) that will be used as the precursor to a global currency when the dollar becomes to devalued to be considered the reserve currency of the world. We have countries coming against Israel in the endtimes just like Ezekiel 38-29 said was going to happen. The bible repeatedly talks about that in the endtimes there will be a global government and currency. Maybe it is time we all start listening a little closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment